Being in a relationship regardless of gender or marital status brings with it challenges.
The joy and wellbeing that being in a positive relationship can bring is well documented, but it’s not always easy living with others.
Is there a difference between counselling and therapy?
Counselling focuses on enhancing your capacity to cope with life challenges such as relationship endings or difficulties, bereavement and anxiety. Counsellors help people to resolve problems and develop inner resources to move on with life.
Therapy focuses on achieving change in the personality or self on a much deeper level, over a longer period of time.
The benefit of counselling is in the freedom to speak your mind without judgement, receiving objective feedback, having a professional counsellor who can take you through proven techniques to strengthen your relationship.
We provide three options for couples counselling:
- Sessional/Hourly couples counselling
- Prepare/Enrich program for couples of all kinds in a committed relationship
- Prepare/Enrich program for parents in a committed relationship
Prepare/Enrich is an internationally acclaimed and recognised relationship education program that uses an online inventory tool to prepare a customised assessment of a couple’s or parent’s relationship strengths and growth areas. FMC offers two Prepare/Enrich packages – Couples and Parenting. The first is designed for couples whose main focus is their relationship and ways to enhance and strengthen them. The Parenting package best suits any committed couples whose primary concerns are children and parenting issues.
Counselling is a process of exploring feelings and beliefs that you might find are challenging or limiting to your relationships or lifestyle. The role of the counsellor is to help you see things clearly, so you can make decisions that are the right ones for you
What can counselling achieve?
Our counsellors can help you:
- identify your feelings in a safe place
- understand yourself and how you relate to others
- understand your relationship as it is now and how you want it to be in the future
- revitalise your emotional connection
- find out what it takes to make your relationship work
- cope with difficult life circumstances
- create positive family experiences.
Want more information?
If you would like to make an appointment or talk to us about counselling options, please call us on 1800 639 523.